Volunteer with ‘Match it’ for
The Big Help Out!
The Big Help Out will take place Monday, 8th May, to mark His Majesty The King’s Coronation and you, CareTech staff, can do more by applying to the Foundation’s newest grant, ‘Match it’!
On this once in a lifetime occasion, The Big Help Out will involve thousands of people volunteering in their local communities and helping the charities nearest and dearest to them. The aim of the day is to encourage and raise awareness of volunteering. If you are a CareTech staff member, along with your time, expertise and passion, you can use ‘Match it’, which is an extension of the Match-Funding Grant, to secure a financial award too!
If you qualify for an award, the charity you volunteer for on the day could receive up to £350. Whether you volunteer once or regularly, you are eligible to apply.
Here’s some helpful information:
- Staff will be eligible to apply for the grant if they volunteer for a registered charity;
- The host charity will qualify for an award of £150 if the staff member volunteers on a one-off (but non-trivial!) occasion;
- The host charity will qualify for an award of £350 if the staff member volunteers on a regular basis (minimum three activities);
- Multiple staff members can apply individually for the same charity and activity;
- As with the existing Fund, applications will be limited to one every 12 months.
The eligibility for the grant will be based on the existing Match-Funding Grant requirements but with the addition of a form to be completed by the relevant charity outlining amongst other details:
- The activity the staff member participated in;
- Time and date(s) of volunteering; and,
- Bank details of host charity.
Simply click here and apply for the charity you volunteer for, but remember to ask them to complete the form first!