“Following the impact of the pandemic last year, we continued to face challenges as we entered a second year of adjusting to the challenges we face. Through the resilience and resolve displayed by the care and charity sectors, we continued to deliver our grants and build on the momentum we have achieved over the last three years. This year has seen the Foundation rise to new heights as we expanded our reach internationally and, even though we were limited in face-to-face engagement, we are proud of how our partners and supported charitable initiatives have responded. This year saw the Foundation add seven new strategic partners to the portfolio, each answering a unique need. Despite the restrictions caused by the pandemic, we have supported more people than ever before.”Jonathan Freeman MBE, Chief Executive, CareTech Foundation
Accessible HTML report
- Multiple award-winning foundation leading the social care sector
- Physical and learning disabilities and mental health
- Skills development for the care sector
- Three new initiatives to address skills in the care sector
- Supporting our communities
- Theory of Change
- Impact Assessment Framework
Founded in 2017, the CareTech Foundation delivers meaningful impact to communities in the UK and overseas by supporting and championing the social care sector, care workers and those living in care. Our trustees have made a conscious decision to deliver the Foundation’s mission through a mix of high volume/lower impact to lower volume/high impact programmes. The Foundation’s work is focussed on three main areas:
- Supporting those with long-term health difficulties including those with mental health conditions and complex physical and learning disabilities.
- Skills development for those from disadvantaged backgrounds into careers in the care sector.
- Supporting the communities, family, and friends of CareTech plc employees facing significant financial, health, or similar challenges.