All match-funding needs to fall within the charitable Objects which are set out below.
How the Match-funding scheme works?
The match-funding scheme was established to encourage staff to get involved in the voluntary sector and to help fundraise through personal participation. Every member of staff employed by CareTech Holdings Limited and CareTech Service Users can apply for up to £350 in matched funding from the CareTech Foundation for one charitable fundraising activity or volunteering for a charitable organisation per year. Successful applicants will be contacted to arrange payment via bank transfer to their chosen charity.
- You must be a full- or part-time employee of CareTech Holdings Limited or a CareTech Service User. Match-funding is not available to staff who have submitted their resignation and/or working their notice period.
- The Foundation will not support claims or accept applications for activities completed by family members or friends.
- Applicants must raise a minimum of £50 (or the equivalent in their home currency) through their own personal efforts to be eligible for match funding. Each member of staff is eligible to claim up to £350 (or the equivalent in their home currency) each financial year for a single charity. Alternatively, for volunteering activities, staff may apply for £150 for their charity for a one-off volunteering activity, or for £350 for 3 or more instances of volunteering for the same charity within the period of one year in one application.
- Match funding will only be provided for UK charities registered with the Charity Commission. You can check whether an organisation is a registered charity by looking on the Charity Commission website.
- The charitable activity must fall within the Charitable Objects of the CareTech Charitable Foundation, details of which are below.
- Applicants are responsible for keeping records of the fundraising activity and funds raised. They must also be able to provide this to the Foundation upon request. Applicants must provide a letter (template found on our website) filled out by their chosen charity to confirm the details of their volunteering activity.
- Claims for fundraising activities are expected to be submitted within six months of the date of the event.
- You must have completed the fundraising activity before being able to claim.
- Application forms that are not completed fully will not be accepted.
- For staff members applying from CareTech Holdings Limited sites outside of the UK, kindly note that whilst the application form will provide an opportunity to apply for a grant in your home currency, grants will always be awarded in Pound sterling. Due to this, please expect to see some small fluctuation in the level of grant that you receive in your home currencies. The Foundation team will be in touch to guide you through the procedures once the application has been received.
If you require further advice or guidance please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOR THE PUBLIC BENEFIT TO PROMOTE THE EDUCATION (INCLUDING SOCIAL AND PHYSICAL TRAINING) OF DISADVANTAGED PERSONS IN SUCH WAYS AS THE CHARITY TRUSTEES THINK FIT, BY AWARDING TO SUCH PERSONS SCHOLARSHIPS, MAINTENANCE ALLOWANCES OR GRANTS:
- TO UNDERWRITE THE COST OF ATTENDING ANY TENABLE PLACE OF LEARNING, OR
- TO PREPARE FOR ENTRY TO ANY OCCUPATION, TRADE OR PROFESSION, OR
- TO ASSIST IN DEVELOPING THEIR MENTAL, PHYSICAL AND MORAL CAPABILITIES INCLUDING ASSISTANCE TO FIND EMPLOYMENT, OR
- TO DEVELOP THE COMPETENCIES AND LIFE SKILLS OF PEOPLE PRECLUDED FROM OBTAINING ANY FORM OF EMPLOYMENT BY VIRTUE OF THEIR IMPAIRED MENTAL OR PHYSICAL CAPACITIES.
- THE RELIEF OF THE PHYSICAL AND MENTAL SICKNESS OF PERSONS IN NEED, IN PARTICULAR BY THE PROVISION OF COUNSELLING AND SUPPORT.
- PROVIDING SUPPORT AND ACTIVITIES WHICH DEVELOP THEIR SKILLS, CAPACITIES AND CAPABILITIES TO ENABLE THEM TO PARTICIPATE IN SOCIETY AS MATURE AND RESPONSIBLE INDIVIDUALS.
- THE RELIEF OF FINANCIAL NEED AND SUFFERING AMONG VICTIMS OF WAR OR NATURAL DISASTER, TROUBLE, OR CATASTROPHE IN THE FORM OF:
- MONEY (OR OTHER MEANS DEEMED SUITABLE) FOR PERSONS, BODIES, ORGANISATIONS AND/OR COUNTRIES AFFECTED, OR
- THE SUPPLY OF MEDICAL AID TO SUCH PERSONS
- THE PREVENTION OR RELIEF OF POVERTY ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD BY PROVIDING OR ASSISTING IN THE PROVISION OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, HEALTHCARE PROJECTS AND ALL THE NECESSARY SUPPORT DESIGNED TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS TO GENERATE A SUSTAINABLE INCOME AND BE SELF-SUFFICIENT.
- SUCH OTHER CHARITABLE OBJECTS OR PURPOSES AS THE TRUSTEES MAY FROM TIME TO TIME DETERMINE.