The Family and Friends grant scheme is open to staff members of CareTech Holdings plc to apply for on behalf of others.
These grants must be in line within the charitable Objects which are set out below.
- You must be a full- or part-time employee of CareTech Holdings plc. Family and Friends grants are not available to staff who have submitted their resignation and/or working their notice period
- There are no age restrictions to who the funding can be used to support
- Grants are made for one specific item or purpose
- Grants are not awarded for recurring expenses
- These grants must be in line with the Charitable Objects of the Foundation, details of which are below
- These grants cannot cover matters which are properly covered by the company by virtue of an individual’s employment status
- Grants are awarded on a case by case basis
- Grant applications are considered by a staff committee before recommendations are made to the Board of trustees.
- Application forms that are not completed fully will not be accepted
- The grant scheme is currently limited to a maximum of £2,500 per grant (or the equivalent in your home currency). It is expected that the majority of grants will be in the £500-£1,000 range.
- For staff members applying from CareTech plc sites outside of the UK, kindly note that whilst the application form will provide an opportunity to apply for a grant in your home currency, grants will always be awarded in Pound sterling. Due to this, please expect to see some small fluctuation in the level of grant that you receive in your home currencies. The Foundation team will be in touch to guide you through the procedures once the application has been received.
The Foundation will consider grant applications for any matter which are in line with its Charitable Objects. Within this, the Foundation will give priority to applications seeking support for the following matters:
- One-off support for those facing significant health issues requiring additional equipment, support (inc. respite care) or other related activity where support is not otherwise available
- One-off support to enable an individual to take advantage of educational/career/life opportunities that would otherwise not be available to them where support is not otherwise available
- One-off support for funeral costs for those of limited financial means where support is not otherwise available
- One-off support for a community cause/event in a local area in which CareTech operates
If you require further advice or guidance please email ku.gr1657015745o.noi1657015745tadnu1657015745ofhce1657015745terac1657015745@ofni1657015745
- FOR THE PUBLIC BENEFIT TO PROMOTE THE EDUCATION (INCLUDING SOCIAL AND PHYSICAL TRAINING) OF DISADVANTAGED PERSONS IN SUCH WAYS AS THE CHARITY TRUSTEES THINK FIT, BY AWARDING TO SUCH PERSONS SCHOLARSHIPS, MAINTENANCE ALLOWANCES OR GRANTS:
- 1.1. TO UNDERWRITE THE COST OF ATTENDING ANY TENABLE PLACE OF LEARNING, OR
- 1.2. TO PREPARE FOR ENTRY TO ANY OCCUPATION, TRADE OR PROFESSION, OR
- 1.3. TO ASSIST IN DEVELOPING THEIR MENTAL, PHYSICAL AND MORAL CAPABILITIES INCLUDING ASSISTANCE TO FIND EMPLOYMENT, OR
- 1.4. TO DEVELOP THE COMPETENCIES AND LIFE SKILLS OF PEOPLE PRECLUDED FROM OBTAINING ANY FORM OF EMPLOYMENT BY VIRTUE OF THEIR IMPAIRED MENTAL OR PHYSICAL CAPACITIES.
- THE RELIEF OF THE PHYSICAL AND MENTAL SICKNESS OF PERSONS IN NEED, IN PARTICULAR BY THE PROVISION OF COUNSELLING AND SUPPORT.
- PROVIDING SUPPORT AND ACTIVITIES WHICH DEVELOP THEIR SKILLS, CAPACITIES AND CAPABILITIES TO ENABLE THEM TO PARTICIPATE IN SOCIETY AS MATURE AND RESPONSIBLE INDIVIDUALS.
- THE RELIEF OF FINANCIAL NEED AND SUFFERING AMONG VICTIMS OF WAR OR NATURAL DISASTER, TROUBLE, OR CATASTROPHE IN THE FORM OF:-
- 4.1. MONEY (OR OTHER MEANS DEEMED SUITABLE) FOR PERSONS, BODIES, ORGANISATIONS AND/OR COUNTRIES AFFECTED, OR
- 4.2. THE SUPPLY OF MEDICAL AID TO SUCH PERSONS
- THE PREVENTION OR RELIEF OF POVERTY ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD BY PROVIDING OR ASSISTING IN THE PROVISION OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, HEALTHCARE PROJECTS AND ALL THE NECESSARY SUPPORT DESIGNED TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS TO GENERATE A SUSTAINABLE INCOME AND BE SELF-SUFFICIENT.
- SUCH OTHER CHARITABLE OBJECTS OR PURPOSES AS THE TRUSTEES MAY FROM TIME TO TIME DETERMINE.