Over the previous year, we have continued to improve and grow our grant-making potential. Our four main grant schemes have received higher-than-ever applications resulting in us being able to support a greater number of individuals and organisations. In particular, we are proud to share our successes in delivering:
- A powerful portfolio of Partnership Grant recipients is now in place, with major new partnerships with EY Foundation, Birkbeck University of London and DePaul UK having been added in this last year. We were particularly pleased with recognition of our partnership approach through the Charity Times Awards 2019.
- Growing demand for our small grants, enabling the Foundation to support a wide range of charitable causes and encouraging CareTech plc employees’ fundraising efforts.
- The development of a powerful new Theory of Change and supporting Impact Assessment Framework, placing the Foundation at the forefront of work in this area in the corporate foundation space.
- An increasingly strong external brand, with growing online and offline media recognition, enabling the Foundation to use its influence to further impact upon its core concerns; support of the first-ever Care Sector Fundraising Gala Dinner was a particular success on this front.
- The launch and successful implementation of a new Staff Hardship Fund by which to support CareTech plc staff facing significant financial hardship.
The Impact Report aims to encapsulate the immediate influence our presence, as a grant-maker, and charity in the Care Sector has made. We felt it was important to have an interactive report that allows the digital reader to explore those we work with at the click of a mouse and to have our impact independently collated. We were fortunate to have the support of Charlotte Turner (Bean Research) in collating this data.
Key impact achievements through the year include:
- 23,824 individuals directly supported.
- 105,000 individuals indirectly supported through wider engagement.
- Investing £346,184 with an additional £505,000 leveraged social investment.
- Supporting 57 charities across the UK.
We hope to continue and improve on our achievements in the year ahead. As the leading corporate charity in the Social Care Sector, we hope to lead the way in making a difference.
Haroon Sheikh, our Chairman, said:
“This year has been an exciting one with significant developments, with the original intentions behind the Foundation’s establishment now starting to be realised. It is gratifying to see the impact of the Foundation now being felt by individuals, local communities and through a number of ground-breaking partnerships. As this report sets out, the Foundation’s support has now reached over 105,000 individuals since we started.”